Thursday 23 September 2010

The Idea.

This idea is a continuation from my last uni project which was based on character design.
(Said character can be found here on my DeviantArt profile: Aleks (Neon Lynxie). Note: Development has taken place visually since uploading)

What I hope to achieve by the end of the year is realise a small prototype like game that focuses on a time set before my character was born (5 years before).
Similar to a prequel but unique in its own way that if a later game was to be made they would be two different genres of games, the only similarities lying within the style, characters and location.

For example the game idea I previously had for my character last term was an action adventure game with a strong narrative.
Whereas now, for this years prequel game concept im looking at constructing a simple yet addictive and competitive 'Hack 'n' Slash' Arena based fighter.

This game will not feature Aleks as a playable character, but rather set the stage for her and the other characters that feature heavily in her world (more to come on narrative and lore later).